Wednesday, 29 June 2011

Zip it up baby!

So, recently I decided to tackle my fear of zips, and made a couple of little zip-up pouch thingies. I had been put off them previously due to dark mutterings about how difficult they are.

I'm pleased to report that it wasn't too tricky, once I'd dug out the ancient manual for my sewing machine and identified the magic zipper foot. I suspect that the way I did it was slightly a bodge job, but I'm really pleased with the way they came out. I have been reading about the 'proper' way to do it and promise I will give that a try next time!

The one in the picture has a 5in zip and is slightly too big for a purse - I thought it would make a nice little make-up bag or more likely for me a travelling sewing kit with scissors, tape measure etc... (I last wore make-up about 2006) I also made one with a 4in zip which would be a better size for a little coin purse. I used more of the butterfly fabric to line them, thanks to a lucky find in a remnant bin in Fabricland.

No comments:

Post a Comment