rainbow quilt, and have nearly finished the patchwork top.
Things got a bit shouty at teatime yesterday, so in a spirit of reconciliation I made a 'proper pudding' today in the form of Apple and Cinnamon Muffins. Yep I like to bribe my children with baked goods...
I found a basic plain muffin recipe online and adapted it, the original recipe called for more sugar which I thought was overkill if you have dried fruit as well. I also used dark brown sugar because I love the flavour. And cinnamon and apples just go together
From a baking with small children perspective, muffins are pretty good as you don't need to beat the mix beautifully. However my children declined to bake with me today as they were glued to CBeebies post school-run...
250g plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
125g dark brown sugar
4 tbsp vegetable oil
60g dried apple (chopped)
How to make
1. Preheat oven to 180 (fan) or 200 (conventional)
2. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases
3. In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar
4. In another bowl mix up the wet ingredients: egg, milk and oil
5. Make a hollow in the middle of the dry mix and pour in the wet stuff. Mix briefly until just combined.
6. Chuck in the dried fruit and mix briefly
7. Spoon the mix into your muffin cases and bake for 20-25 mins until golden